How comes our beautiful phone cases start to look so ugly? As we use our phones every day, they are exposed to environmental conditions like UV radiation, humidity, heat, dust, friction, etc.
This causes constant wear and tear on their surfaces, which can lead to stains.
In today’s world, most people have an Apple iPhone, Android, or some other type of smartphone glued to their side. Between texts, calls, emails, and endless scrolling on social media, consumers touch our phones with dirty hands more than we’d like to admit. Learning to clean a silicone mobile phone case is not only cleaner it is also healthier for us.
After investing in a silicone case for your cell phone, you’ll want to take proper care to ensure that the case continues to look and function as it should. With so many different colors to choose from when selecting a silicone case for your mobile device, some colors may start to show signs of wear sooner than others. Depending on how quickly the silicone case starts to wear out, you can simply wipe it clean to make it look new. Let’s take a look at some steps to help protect your new silicone case and clean it in case it gets dirty or discolored.
Tips for cleaning your silicone phone case
Cleaning your phone and phone case is a good habit and should be done regularly.
So let’s take a look at some solid tips for getting rid of germs and dirt!
- Carefully remove the phone case by stretching it from the end. But make sure not to pull sharply; otherwise it will break or damage.
- Fill a cup with warm water and dish soap and mix well to make it fluffy.
- Take a clean, soft toothbrush, dip it into the aqueous solution and start rubbing the surface of the phone case in a steady circular motion.
- If necessary, dip the toothbrush back into the solution and focus on the stained areas of the phone case.
- As soon as you are satisfied with the results, rinse the phone case with warm water rubbing the case to ensure no soap residue remains.
- Use a paper towel to dry and absorb the water in the case, then place it for about an hour in a windy place to dry naturally.
Do this once or twice a month to keep your phone case clean. If you’re a forgetful person, make a note on your calendar or set a reminder on your phone.
Cleaning a phone case in brief
So that’s how to keep your phone case clean and germ-free. The world is becoming more and more technologically advanced. The more we progress in time, the greater the advances we see in phone and case technology.
Regardless of how things go, remember that germs and bacteria never go away. To prevent further damage to the case, keep it away from moisture, heat, and of course, sunlight. Cleaning silicone phone cases is a task that should be on everyone’s monthly checklist.
I am Theo James, a cell phone owner and lover. On my blog, I share my best phone case picks as well as informational guides to help you find what you need.